MHA asks states to beef up security, US diplomatic missions
New Delhi: In the wake of the killing of al
Qaeda mastermind Osama bin Laden on Monday, the Centre has asked
all states to tighten security particularly in places wherever
there is an American or a Jewish installation.
In its advisory, the Home Ministry asked authorities in
Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad and Kolkata to beef up security
around the US consulates there and foil any attempt by anyone
to disturb peace there.
Security was also strengthened around the US Embassy and
nearby areas in the national capital`s diplomatic enclave,
All states have also been asked to step up security if
any Chabad houses is located there as these are hubs of Jewish
travellers. The states have also been asked to keep strict
vigil on tourist destinations where foreign travellers
The United States has issued a worldwide travel alert for
its citizens, especially those living in Pakistan, soon after
President Barack Obama announced that bin Laden has been
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement