MHA asks states to beef up security, US diplomatic missions
New Delhi: In the wake of the killing of al
Qaeda mastermind Osama bin Laden on Monday, the Centre has asked
all states to tighten security particularly in places wherever
there is an American or a Jewish installation.
In its advisory, the Home Ministry asked authorities in
Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad and Kolkata to beef up security
around the US consulates there and foil any attempt by anyone
to disturb peace there.
Security was also strengthened around the US Embassy and
nearby areas in the national capital`s diplomatic enclave,
All states have also been asked to step up security if
any Chabad houses is located there as these are hubs of Jewish
travellers. The states have also been asked to keep strict
vigil on tourist destinations where foreign travellers
The United States has issued a worldwide travel alert for
its citizens, especially those living in Pakistan, soon after
President Barack Obama announced that bin Laden has been
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details