MHA asks states to beef up security, US diplomatic missions
New Delhi: In the wake of the killing of al
Qaeda mastermind Osama bin Laden on Monday, the Centre has asked
all states to tighten security particularly in places wherever
there is an American or a Jewish installation.
In its advisory, the Home Ministry asked authorities in
Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad and Kolkata to beef up security
around the US consulates there and foil any attempt by anyone
to disturb peace there.
Security was also strengthened around the US Embassy and
nearby areas in the national capital`s diplomatic enclave,
All states have also been asked to step up security if
any Chabad houses is located there as these are hubs of Jewish
travellers. The states have also been asked to keep strict
vigil on tourist destinations where foreign travellers
The United States has issued a worldwide travel alert for
its citizens, especially those living in Pakistan, soon after
President Barack Obama announced that bin Laden has been
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal