MHA asks states to beef up security, US diplomatic missions
New Delhi: In the wake of the killing of al
Qaeda mastermind Osama bin Laden on Monday, the Centre has asked
all states to tighten security particularly in places wherever
there is an American or a Jewish installation.
In its advisory, the Home Ministry asked authorities in
Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad and Kolkata to beef up security
around the US consulates there and foil any attempt by anyone
to disturb peace there.
Security was also strengthened around the US Embassy and
nearby areas in the national capital`s diplomatic enclave,
All states have also been asked to step up security if
any Chabad houses is located there as these are hubs of Jewish
travellers. The states have also been asked to keep strict
vigil on tourist destinations where foreign travellers
The United States has issued a worldwide travel alert for
its citizens, especially those living in Pakistan, soon after
President Barack Obama announced that bin Laden has been
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video