MHA asks top cops to furnish assets details
New Delhi: The Home Ministry has asked
officers of the Indian Police Service (IPS), who have not furnished their property details, to do so by September 20, failing which they would not be considered for promotion.
"The officers concerned be suitably advised to submit
their Immovable Property Returns (IPRs) for the year 2010
latest by September 20. If the IPRs for 2010 are not received
by this ministry within the aforesaid period, the names of the
defaulting officers will be posted in the website of the
"Further, such defaulting officers would be denied
vigilance clearance for empanelment to various levels at the
Centre and for consideration to promotion," a latest Home
Ministry notification said.
The earlier timeline in this regard for the top cops was May 15.
The Home Ministry has also asked the respective
authorities of these "defaulting" officers to ensure "strict
compliance" in this regard.
While property details of a number of IPS officers have
already been been posted on the website of the Home Ministry
--www.mha.nic.in--, the fresh notification has been issued
after the ministry found that a few officers are yet to do so.
The government has made it mandatory for officials of
civil services like Indian Administrative Service (IAS) and
the Indian Forest Service (IFS) among others to provide their
IPR details which are subsequently put on the official website
for public viewing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter