MHA begins review of preparedness of paramilitary forces
New Delhi: The Union Home Ministry has begun a review of the operational preparedness and personnel matters of all central paramilitary forces which include CRPF, BSF and CISF.
While Home Secretary RK Singh evaluated the performance and work planning of the Border Security Force (BSF) yesterday, the review of the leading anti-Naxal operations force CRPF review is on the cards.
The review of operational preparedness and personnel issues of ITBP, CISF, SSB and NSG are slated during the week, sources said.
All the forces will be represented by their Directors General (DGs) and senior officials.
The sources said that in view of high attrition rate being reported in these forces, the Home Ministry has asked them to prepare special reports with regard to the issue and propose plans to retain talent.
Apart from reviewing the operations, intelligence gathering and administrative issues of these forces, the ministry would also consider the progress made in exercise to carry out expansion of these forces and raising of new battalions. The paramilitary forces are deployed across the country for a wide range of duties ranging from border guarding to carrying out internal security challenges.
A report on all the reviews would be submitted to Home Minister P Chidambaram for his assessment, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre