MHA directly responsible for escape of Pak terrorists: BJP
New Delhi: Taking a dig at the Centre and the
Congress over the escape of three Pakistani terrorists, BJP
questioned their "conspicuous" silence on the incident and
said the Home Ministry was directly responsible for it.
"While Congress is wailing like a widow on the Kandahar
hijack episode (in which the then NDA government released
three terrorists in lieu of passengers of the hijacked
aircraft), why is it conspicuous by its silence on the escape
of three Pakistani terrorists involved in the blasts near Red
Fort," BJP spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad said here.
He said since law and order in Delhi was under the Centre,
the Home Ministry was directly responsible for the episode.
"Why is the Home Minister silent on the issue? He is said
to be good at his work and they escaped right under the nose
of the government," he said.
The three Pakistani terrorists -- Abdul Razzak, Mohammed
Sadiq and Rafaqat Ali -- who were arrested in connection with
blasts near the Red Fort nine years ago were to be deported to
Pakistan as they had completed their jail term, but escaped on
Friday while being escorted to a city hospital.
Delhi Police has sounded an alert in the national capital
and neighbouring areas and announced a reward of Rs 50,000 for
anyone providing information about the three terrorists.
Senior BJP leader in Delhi, V K Malhotra, while slamming
the police, said the escape of the terrorists have punctured
the Police Commissioner`s "tall claim" that law and order has
improved in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations