MHA directly responsible for escape of Pak terrorists: BJP
New Delhi: Taking a dig at the Centre and the
Congress over the escape of three Pakistani terrorists, BJP
questioned their "conspicuous" silence on the incident and
said the Home Ministry was directly responsible for it.
"While Congress is wailing like a widow on the Kandahar
hijack episode (in which the then NDA government released
three terrorists in lieu of passengers of the hijacked
aircraft), why is it conspicuous by its silence on the escape
of three Pakistani terrorists involved in the blasts near Red
Fort," BJP spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad said here.
He said since law and order in Delhi was under the Centre,
the Home Ministry was directly responsible for the episode.
"Why is the Home Minister silent on the issue? He is said
to be good at his work and they escaped right under the nose
of the government," he said.
The three Pakistani terrorists -- Abdul Razzak, Mohammed
Sadiq and Rafaqat Ali -- who were arrested in connection with
blasts near the Red Fort nine years ago were to be deported to
Pakistan as they had completed their jail term, but escaped on
Friday while being escorted to a city hospital.
Delhi Police has sounded an alert in the national capital
and neighbouring areas and announced a reward of Rs 50,000 for
anyone providing information about the three terrorists.
Senior BJP leader in Delhi, V K Malhotra, while slamming
the police, said the escape of the terrorists have punctured
the Police Commissioner`s "tall claim" that law and order has
improved in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire