MHA employee arrested, remanded in espionage case
Jaipur: An employee of the Foreigners division in the Union Home Ministry was arrested by Rajasthan Police in an espionage case in which he allegedly shared classified information with a suspected ISI agent who was held in Pokhran.
"Surendra Kumar, a class D employee posted in Foreigners division in MHA in DeLhi, was arrested last night after preliminary quizzing by intelligence agencies at a joint interrogation cell here," Additional DG Dalpat Singh Dinkar said today.
Kumar was produced today in the court of an Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate who remanded him in police custody till March 7.
He was summoned here from Delhi for questioning on Sunday, Dinkar said.
Kumar allegedly had links with Sumer Khan, a suspected ISI agent who was arrested on February 24 for allegedly sharing information regarding defence instalments and activities near the border area in the desert state, police said.
Khan allegedly shared information about IAF`s fire power exercise `Iron Fist` held on February 22 in Pokhran in Jaisalmer district with Pakistan`s intelligence agency ISI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city