MHA removes names of 142 Sikh NRIs from Black List
New Delhi: The Centre has deleted names of
142 Sikh NRIs from the black list after a detailed review
while the exercise is still continuing in 27 cases, Home
Minister P Chidambaram said on Wednesday.
The Home Ministry has conducted a detailed review of
names of 169 Sikh NRIs included in the black list but could
not get "full information" about activities of 27 individuals
during last 15-20 years.
Leaving these names, the Home Ministry decided to remove
the rest of names from the Black list.
When asked about the basis of review, Chidambaram
said, "because we don`t have full information. Severity of
allegations against one person is one aspect but we need to
know what he has been doing in the last 15-20 years. We do not
have full information on these 27 people that is why I added
these 27 people will be reviewed. As we get fuller information
we will take decision."
A statement from the Home Ministry said names of 169
Sikh NRIs, which were included in the Black List, were
reviewed by the Ministry.
"After a detailed review, names of 142 Sikh NRIs were
removed from the Black List and necessary instructions were
issued to the Indian Missions and Posts," it said.
The Non-resident Indian Sikhs whose names were mentioned
in the black list are alleged to have been routinely denied
travel permission to the country on grounds that they had
taken part in anti-national activities during insurgency
period in Punjab.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly