MHA submits ATR on Shunglu report to PMO
New Delhi: The Home Ministry has submitted
its Action Taken Report on the findings of Shunglu Committee
that probed alleged irregularities in execution of
Commonwealth Games projects to the Prime Minister`s Office,
saying some of the findings have no documentary evidence.
Official sources said after receiving the responses of the
Delhi government, Delhi Development Authority, New Delhi
Municipal Council and Municipal Corporation of Delhi on the
Shunglu Committee report, the Home Ministry has prepared the
ATR and submitted to the PMO.
"We have conveyed to the PMO that some of the findings of
Shunglu Committee seems to be prima facie correct while some
others seem to be based on presumptions and in some others
there were no documentary evidence to substantiate the
allegations," a source said.
While forwarding the report to the agencies concerned, the
Home Ministry had asked them to explain their position on the
findings of the Shunglu Committee and what action they were
taking on it.
The Shunglu Committee has allegedly held the agencies
responsible for lack of oversight and decisions that led to
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had on October 25 appointed
a two-member high-level committee under the chairmanship of
former Comptroller and Auditor General V K Shunglu to look
into various aspects of corruption and other deficiencies in
the conduct of mega sporting event held here between October
3 and October 14 last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in