New Delhi: The Home Ministry has submitted
its Action Taken Report on the findings of Shunglu Committee
that probed alleged irregularities in execution of
Commonwealth Games projects to the Prime Minister`s Office,
saying some of the findings have no documentary evidence.
Official sources said after receiving the responses of the
Delhi government, Delhi Development Authority, New Delhi
Municipal Council and Municipal Corporation of Delhi on the
Shunglu Committee report, the Home Ministry has prepared the
ATR and submitted to the PMO.
"We have conveyed to the PMO that some of the findings of
Shunglu Committee seems to be prima facie correct while some
others seem to be based on presumptions and in some others
there were no documentary evidence to substantiate the
allegations," a source said.
While forwarding the report to the agencies concerned, the
Home Ministry had asked them to explain their position on the
findings of the Shunglu Committee and what action they were
taking on it.
The Shunglu Committee has allegedly held the agencies
responsible for lack of oversight and decisions that led to
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had on October 25 appointed
a two-member high-level committee under the chairmanship of
former Comptroller and Auditor General V K Shunglu to look
into various aspects of corruption and other deficiencies in
the conduct of mega sporting event held here between October
3 and October 14 last year.