MHA submits ATR on Shunglu report to PMO
New Delhi: The Home Ministry has submitted
its Action Taken Report on the findings of Shunglu Committee
that probed alleged irregularities in execution of
Commonwealth Games projects to the Prime Minister`s Office,
saying some of the findings have no documentary evidence.
Official sources said after receiving the responses of the
Delhi government, Delhi Development Authority, New Delhi
Municipal Council and Municipal Corporation of Delhi on the
Shunglu Committee report, the Home Ministry has prepared the
ATR and submitted to the PMO.
"We have conveyed to the PMO that some of the findings of
Shunglu Committee seems to be prima facie correct while some
others seem to be based on presumptions and in some others
there were no documentary evidence to substantiate the
allegations," a source said.
While forwarding the report to the agencies concerned, the
Home Ministry had asked them to explain their position on the
findings of the Shunglu Committee and what action they were
taking on it.
The Shunglu Committee has allegedly held the agencies
responsible for lack of oversight and decisions that led to
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had on October 25 appointed
a two-member high-level committee under the chairmanship of
former Comptroller and Auditor General V K Shunglu to look
into various aspects of corruption and other deficiencies in
the conduct of mega sporting event held here between October
3 and October 14 last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP win big with 81 seats, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis Maharashtra thanks Maharashtra voters, PM Modi
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP wins big, grabs 81 BMC seats; Fadnavis credits PM Narendra Modi
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway