MHA submits ATR on Shunglu report to PMO
New Delhi: The Home Ministry has submitted
its Action Taken Report on the findings of Shunglu Committee
that probed alleged irregularities in execution of
Commonwealth Games projects to the Prime Minister`s Office,
saying some of the findings have no documentary evidence.
Official sources said after receiving the responses of the
Delhi government, Delhi Development Authority, New Delhi
Municipal Council and Municipal Corporation of Delhi on the
Shunglu Committee report, the Home Ministry has prepared the
ATR and submitted to the PMO.
"We have conveyed to the PMO that some of the findings of
Shunglu Committee seems to be prima facie correct while some
others seem to be based on presumptions and in some others
there were no documentary evidence to substantiate the
allegations," a source said.
While forwarding the report to the agencies concerned, the
Home Ministry had asked them to explain their position on the
findings of the Shunglu Committee and what action they were
taking on it.
The Shunglu Committee has allegedly held the agencies
responsible for lack of oversight and decisions that led to
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had on October 25 appointed
a two-member high-level committee under the chairmanship of
former Comptroller and Auditor General V K Shunglu to look
into various aspects of corruption and other deficiencies in
the conduct of mega sporting event held here between October
3 and October 14 last year.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know