MI-17 chopper crash: FDR, CVR retrieved
Pune: Analysis of the data collected from
Flight Data Recorder (FDR) and Cockpit Voice Recorder (CVR) of the Air Force helicopter MI-17, which crashed at Tawang killing 12 servicemen recently, was underway to determine the cause of the mishap, Air Chief Marshal P V Naik Monday said.
"The FDR and CVR were found burnt at the crash site.
We are analysing the data to determine the cause of the
accident," he told reporters after reviewing the passing out
parade of the 119th course of National Defence Academy (NDA)
at Khadakwasla, near here.
Expressing concern over the mishaps involving Air
Force choppers, Air Chief Naik said, "It hurts us deeply.
There seems to be some technical fault but we do not know. We
will investigate thoroughly."
On the US inventory of the defence forces, he said,
"We want what is best available."
Air Force would go in for 40 more new Sukhoi fighter
jets making for five squadron, Naik said.
"There is no dearth of money and the government is
fully supporting modernisation programme of defence forces,"
he said, adding procedural delays in procuring the equipment
after signing of contracts, was being streamlined.
Earlier, addressing the cadets, who passed out of NDA,
the Air Chief said, "Today in the media, you may be hearing
things that have shown armed forces in poor light. But let me assure you, that these are only exceptions that can happen in any organisation. The core of the Armed Forces is pure and rock solid because of every member`s commitment and integrity."
"This is where we live and die for honour and
courage," he added.
Cadet Karan Kothari was awarded the President`s gold
medal for standing first in the overall order of merit of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam