Midday meal: Govt working on SMS model
New Delhi: To bring efficiency in midday
meal programme in schools, the government is working on a SMS
model to get regular feedbacks from school principals and
other stakeholders about its implementation.
The SMS-based technology solution is being used in Uttar
Pradesh to get schemes across the state`s 150,000 schools.
"The aim is to cover the country with this SMS-based
model by June and work in this regard is in progress," joint
secretary in the HRD Ministry Amarjit Singh told reporters
Arguably the largest school feeding programme, the
programme reaches out to over 10.46 crore children in primary
and upper primary schools in 11.92 lakh schools.
As principals will be sent SMS and will be asked to reply
with their inputs. The community at large including sarpanchs
and parents could also be involved. This will help in
monitoring food being served and checking availability of
stock, he said.
As part its efforts to strengthen monitoring mechanism,
HRD Ministry launched a website providing detailed guidelines
about the scheme, approvals for various states and physical
and financial progress under the scheme.
Launched by HRD Minister Kapil Sibal, the site
www.mdm.nic.in provides detail about the monitoring mechanism
as well as reports of review missions and quarterly review
It also provides details of key officials responsible for
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid