Midday meal: Govt working on SMS model
New Delhi: To bring efficiency in midday
meal programme in schools, the government is working on a SMS
model to get regular feedbacks from school principals and
other stakeholders about its implementation.
The SMS-based technology solution is being used in Uttar
Pradesh to get schemes across the state`s 150,000 schools.
"The aim is to cover the country with this SMS-based
model by June and work in this regard is in progress," joint
secretary in the HRD Ministry Amarjit Singh told reporters
Arguably the largest school feeding programme, the
programme reaches out to over 10.46 crore children in primary
and upper primary schools in 11.92 lakh schools.
As principals will be sent SMS and will be asked to reply
with their inputs. The community at large including sarpanchs
and parents could also be involved. This will help in
monitoring food being served and checking availability of
stock, he said.
As part its efforts to strengthen monitoring mechanism,
HRD Ministry launched a website providing detailed guidelines
about the scheme, approvals for various states and physical
and financial progress under the scheme.
Launched by HRD Minister Kapil Sibal, the site
www.mdm.nic.in provides detail about the monitoring mechanism
as well as reports of review missions and quarterly review
It also provides details of key officials responsible for
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp