Middlemen responsible for high onion price: Khurshid
Bulandshahr: Union Minister Salman Khurshid has held middlemen responsible for the high cost of onions and said state governments should sternly deal with the issue.
"Middlemen are responsible for the high rates of onion and other essential commodities," Khurshid told reporters here yesterday.
State governments should sternly deal with them, he said.
The minister said the Land Acquisition Bill and the Food Security Bill would be Congress` main planks for the General Elections scheduled next year.
Khurshid was here to discuss problems being faced by Congress workers in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- AAP removes Punjab chief for alleged corruption
- Clinton says emails, foundation ties not a threat to her White House bid
- From Olympic glory to jail: Oscar Pistorius' bid to challenge six-year jail term fails
- Piers Morgan TWEETS AGAIN: UK journalist takes credit for PM Modi setting up task force for next three Olympics
- MS Dhoni says it will be an interesting series against `extraordinary` West Indies