Middlemen responsible for high onion price: Khurshid
Bulandshahr: Union Minister Salman Khurshid has held middlemen responsible for the high cost of onions and said state governments should sternly deal with the issue.
"Middlemen are responsible for the high rates of onion and other essential commodities," Khurshid told reporters here yesterday.
State governments should sternly deal with them, he said.
The minister said the Land Acquisition Bill and the Food Security Bill would be Congress` main planks for the General Elections scheduled next year.
Khurshid was here to discuss problems being faced by Congress workers in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city