Middlemen responsible for high onion price: Khurshid
Bulandshahr: Union Minister Salman Khurshid has held middlemen responsible for the high cost of onions and said state governments should sternly deal with the issue.
"Middlemen are responsible for the high rates of onion and other essential commodities," Khurshid told reporters here yesterday.
State governments should sternly deal with them, he said.
The minister said the Land Acquisition Bill and the Food Security Bill would be Congress` main planks for the General Elections scheduled next year.
Khurshid was here to discuss problems being faced by Congress workers in the district.
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part II
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part III
- DNA: Media bribed for suppressing details of AgustaWestland chopper scam
- DNA: India's own GPS system, IRNSS-G1 successfully launched
- Watch video: Top 10 incredible health benefits of pineapples!
- 1971 Indo-Pak war: 'Dusting was Indira Gandhi's stress-buster'
- House of Representative Speaker Paul Ryan invites PM Modi to address joint meeting of US Congress
- Ramdev sees 'Indianess' in Priyanka, finds Sonia a 'staunch Catholic'; wants Rahul to be strong
- Who were four Indian Prime Ministers who addressed US Congress before Modi