`Mideast nations seek to acquire BrahMos missiles`
Abu Dhabi: Several Middle Eastern
countries seek to acquire the BrahMos supersonic cruise missiles, an Indian official has said.
The UAE crown prince, Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al
Nahayan, visited the BrahMos Aerospace exhibition stand, CEO
and Managing Director of BrahMos Aerospace, Dr Sivathanu
Pillai said at the 10th International Defence Exhibition and
Conference (IDEX 2011).
Pillai demonstrated him different types of BrahMos
Many countries have shown interest in acquiring BrahMos
missiles, including several Middle East states, he said.
The terms of the Russian-Indian inter-governmental
agreement on cooperation allow India to export BrahMos
missiles. But the Russian-Indian joint venture will export
them only to friendly countries, he added.
Pillai also said the BrahMos stand had been visited by the
delegation of the Azerbaijani Defence Ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part II
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part III
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part IV
- Exclusive: Home Minister Rajnath Singh in conversation with Sudhir Chaudhary
- Badaun re-run? Teenage girl murdered after gang-rape, body hanged from tree in UP
- Teen sensation Marcus Rashford signs bumper long-term contract at Manchester United: Reports
- Mexican soccer star Alan Pulido kidnapped in border state
- Sania Mirza-Martina Hingis pair crashes out of French Open
- 2nd Test, Day 3: Sri Lanka's Angelo Mathews leads from front to frustrate England