`Mideast nations seek to acquire BrahMos missiles`
Abu Dhabi: Several Middle Eastern
countries seek to acquire the BrahMos supersonic cruise missiles, an Indian official has said.
The UAE crown prince, Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al
Nahayan, visited the BrahMos Aerospace exhibition stand, CEO
and Managing Director of BrahMos Aerospace, Dr Sivathanu
Pillai said at the 10th International Defence Exhibition and
Conference (IDEX 2011).
Pillai demonstrated him different types of BrahMos
Many countries have shown interest in acquiring BrahMos
missiles, including several Middle East states, he said.
The terms of the Russian-Indian inter-governmental
agreement on cooperation allow India to export BrahMos
missiles. But the Russian-Indian joint venture will export
them only to friendly countries, he added.
Pillai also said the BrahMos stand had been visited by the
delegation of the Azerbaijani Defence Ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!