Midnight raid: Ugandan woman listed as prosecution witness
New Delhi: One of the African women who was assaulted by a group of people allegedly led by Delhi Law Minister Somnath Bharti today recorded her statement before a court here after police decided to make her a prosecution witness in the case.
Court sources said that the Ugandan national told the magistrate who recorded her statement that she would be able to identify the persons who had barged into her house on the intervening night of January 15-16.
The woman recorded her statement in camera under Sec 164 of CrPC. The statement has been now given to police in a sealed cover and will be opened only during the trial.
After the recording of her statement was completed, police listed the Ugandan national as a prosecution witness in the case. She will again testify in court during the trial over the alleged incident.
The court had ordered registration of an FIR upon a petition filed by the woman in question seeking a criminal case against the alleged offenders.
A city court had ordered registration of an FIR against unknown persons in connection with the midnight raid against African women at Khirki Extension here.
The raid was allegedly led by Bharti who accused the foreign nationals of being involved in a drug and prostitution racket.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview