MIG 21 crashes in Punjab, pilot killed
Muktsar: A MIG 21 fighter aircraft of IAF Thursday crashed in Muktsar district of Punjab, killing the pilot.
The war plane was on a routine sortie and had taken off from Bhatinda airbase, Muktsar Deputy Commissioner Rajat Aggarwal told reporters over phone.
The crash occurred Bhaliana village on Muktsar-Bhatinda road, about 20 kms from here, killing the pilot, Lt Manu Akhori on the spot, he said.
Senior officials of IAF, police and from the Muktsar civil administration have rushed to the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray