MIG 21 crashes in Punjab, pilot killed
Muktsar: A MIG 21 fighter aircraft of IAF Thursday crashed in Muktsar district of Punjab, killing the pilot.
The war plane was on a routine sortie and had taken off from Bhatinda airbase, Muktsar Deputy Commissioner Rajat Aggarwal told reporters over phone.
The crash occurred Bhaliana village on Muktsar-Bhatinda road, about 20 kms from here, killing the pilot, Lt Manu Akhori on the spot, he said.
Senior officials of IAF, police and from the Muktsar civil administration have rushed to the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29