MIG 21 crashes in Punjab, pilot killed
Muktsar: A MIG 21 fighter aircraft of IAF Thursday crashed in Muktsar district of Punjab, killing the pilot.
The war plane was on a routine sortie and had taken off from Bhatinda airbase, Muktsar Deputy Commissioner Rajat Aggarwal told reporters over phone.
The crash occurred Bhaliana village on Muktsar-Bhatinda road, about 20 kms from here, killing the pilot, Lt Manu Akhori on the spot, he said.
Senior officials of IAF, police and from the Muktsar civil administration have rushed to the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'