MiG-21 crashes in Rajasthan; pilot killed
New Delhi: An Indian Air Force (IAF) combat pilot was killed in a MiG fighter jet crash near Bikaner in Rajasthan on Tuesday.
"The MiG-21 Type-96 crashed today. The pilot has died," an IAF officer said here.
The pilot`s identity will not be released till his family is informed.
The crash is under investigation, the officer said, adding a court of inquiry will be ordered.
MiG-21 jets of IAF have earned the sobriquet `flying coffin` following a string of crashes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'