MiG-21 crashes in Rajasthan; pilot killed
New Delhi: An Indian Air Force (IAF) combat pilot was killed in a MiG fighter jet crash near Bikaner in Rajasthan on Tuesday.
"The MiG-21 Type-96 crashed today. The pilot has died," an IAF officer said here.
The pilot`s identity will not be released till his family is informed.
The crash is under investigation, the officer said, adding a court of inquiry will be ordered.
MiG-21 jets of IAF have earned the sobriquet `flying coffin` following a string of crashes.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan