MiG-21 crashes in Rajasthan; pilot killed
New Delhi: An Indian Air Force (IAF) combat pilot was killed in a MiG fighter jet crash near Bikaner in Rajasthan on Tuesday.
"The MiG-21 Type-96 crashed today. The pilot has died," an IAF officer said here.
The pilot`s identity will not be released till his family is informed.
The crash is under investigation, the officer said, adding a court of inquiry will be ordered.
MiG-21 jets of IAF have earned the sobriquet `flying coffin` following a string of crashes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview
- Pakistan vs England, 2nd T20: Live Streaming