MiG-21 jet crashes in Punjab, pilot ejects
Rajpura: An Indian Air Force MiG-21 fighter jet crashed near here in Punjab, Tuesday morning, police said.
The accident happened near the Shumbu barrier, 10 km from Rajpura town.
The pilot ejected out of the aircraft just before it crashed on agricultural fields, Rajpura Superintendent of Police Manmohan Sharma said.
"No loss of life was reported on the ground. Air force, district administration and police officials have reached the spot and cordoned off the area," he said.
The crash site, about 50 km from state capital Chandigarh, is close to the busy National Highway No.1 between Delhi and Amritsar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you