MIG-27 crashes in WB; pilots ejects to safety
Kolkata/New Delhi: A MiG-27 fighter
aircraft of the Indian Air Force crashed in a tea garden near
New Jalpaiguri in West Bengal on Friday but the pilot managed to
"The aircraft was on a routine training sortie from
the Hashimara airbase and crashed at around 1310 hours, nearly
15 kilometres from its take off base near near New
Jalpaiguri," IAF officials said.
The pilot, Flight Lieutenant Gautam managed to bailout
safely before the aircraft crashed, they said.
The IAF has ordered a Court of Inquiry to investigate
the causes behind the crash, they said.
This was the ninth accident involving an IAF aircraft
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH