MiG 29 crashes near Jamnagar, pilot ejects safely
Jamnagar: A MiG-29 fighter aircraft on a routine sortie on Monday crashed near Lalparda village in Gujarat`s Jamnagar district, with the pilot ejecting safely.
"A MiG-29 fighter jet today crashed at 13.30 hours near Lalparda village south of Khambhalia town," IAF officials said.
The aircraft was on a routine sortie, they said.
"The pilot ejected safely when the plane crashed," they added.
IAF has ordered a court of inquiry in the matter, officials said, adding that their team is reaching the spot where the crash took place.
In August 2012, nine Air Force personnel, including five officers, on board two MI-17 helicopters were killed when two choppers of the Jamangar air base had collided mid-air shortly after take-off.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends