MiG 29 crashes near Jamnagar, pilot ejects safely
Jamnagar: A MiG-29 fighter aircraft on a routine sortie on Monday crashed near Lalparda village in Gujarat`s Jamnagar district, with the pilot ejecting safely.
"A MiG-29 fighter jet today crashed at 13.30 hours near Lalparda village south of Khambhalia town," IAF officials said.
The aircraft was on a routine sortie, they said.
"The pilot ejected safely when the plane crashed," they added.
IAF has ordered a court of inquiry in the matter, officials said, adding that their team is reaching the spot where the crash took place.
In August 2012, nine Air Force personnel, including five officers, on board two MI-17 helicopters were killed when two choppers of the Jamangar air base had collided mid-air shortly after take-off.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie