MiG 29 crashes near Jamnagar, pilot ejects safely
Jamnagar: A MiG-29 fighter aircraft on a routine sortie on Monday crashed near Lalparda village in Gujarat`s Jamnagar district, with the pilot ejecting safely.
"A MiG-29 fighter jet today crashed at 13.30 hours near Lalparda village south of Khambhalia town," IAF officials said.
The aircraft was on a routine sortie, they said.
"The pilot ejected safely when the plane crashed," they added.
IAF has ordered a court of inquiry in the matter, officials said, adding that their team is reaching the spot where the crash took place.
In August 2012, nine Air Force personnel, including five officers, on board two MI-17 helicopters were killed when two choppers of the Jamangar air base had collided mid-air shortly after take-off.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best