MiG-29K develops technical snag in Goa
Panaji: A Russian-made MiG-29K fighter plane, recently inducted into the Indian Navy, developed a technical problem at INS Hansa base in Goa but caused no casualties, naval officials said here on Monday.
Flag Officer Commanding Goa Area (FOGA) Sudhir Pillai said the pilot had to apply emergency brakes on the airstrip when the error occurred, resulting in a tyre burst.
"There was a hydraulic failure of the aircraft because of which the pilot had to apply emergency brakes," Pillai said.
MiG-29K is an all-weather carrier-based multi-role fighter aircraft, which is recently inducted in Indian Navy and based at INS Hansa.
He said no inquiry has been commissioned of the incident as the snag occurred due to `technical problem`.
"Applying emergency brakes in case of hydraulic failure is a standard operating procedure," Pillai said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India