MiG-29K develops technical snag in Goa
Panaji: A Russian-made MiG-29K fighter plane, recently inducted into the Indian Navy, developed a technical problem at INS Hansa base in Goa but caused no casualties, naval officials said here on Monday.
Flag Officer Commanding Goa Area (FOGA) Sudhir Pillai said the pilot had to apply emergency brakes on the airstrip when the error occurred, resulting in a tyre burst.
"There was a hydraulic failure of the aircraft because of which the pilot had to apply emergency brakes," Pillai said.
MiG-29K is an all-weather carrier-based multi-role fighter aircraft, which is recently inducted in Indian Navy and based at INS Hansa.
He said no inquiry has been commissioned of the incident as the snag occurred due to `technical problem`.
"Applying emergency brakes in case of hydraulic failure is a standard operating procedure," Pillai said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday