Mild weather in North India as mercury stays around normal
New Delhi: Mild weather persisted in most parts of North India on Wednesday with mercury staying around normal, giving relief from intense heat though temperature in desert state of Rajasthan settled above 40 degree Celsius.
In Delhi, although mercury rose by 2.8 degree from yesterday`s 35.8 degree Celsius, it still remained at comfortable level of 38.6 degrees mainly due to partly cloudy sky.
The minimum temperature in the city settled at 24.2 degree Celsius, one degree below normal but slightly up from previous day`s 23.1 degree Celsius.
However, the mild weather in the city may end tomorrow as the Met department has predicted that the maximum temperature could once again touch 40 degree Celsius on Thursday.
In Haryana and Punjab, maximum temperature remained one to two degrees below normal while light to moderate rain or thundershowers has been forecast at isolated places during the next two days.
Capital city Chandigarh recorded 36.5 deg C, one degree below normal. Ambala in Haryana recorded a high of 36.7 deg C, down one notch than normal while Hisar recorded a maximum temperature of 40 deg C, which was within the normal range, the Met Department said.
Karnal registered a high of 37 deg C, down one degree while Narnaul recorded 38 deg C, two notches below normal.
Ludhiana in Punjab also recorded below normal maximum of 37.6 deg C while Patiala`s high settled at 37.4 deg C, one degree below normal. Amritsar recorded a high of 38.5 degree C.
However, in Rajasthan temperature remained above 40 degree in most of the places.
Heat wave conditions continued in western Rajasthan with mercury touching 43.6 degree C in Barmer district.
Despite cloudy and windy weather, the day temperature increased marginally by one to two degree C in the state.
Western districts of Jodhpur, Jaisalmer, Bikaner, and Churu recorded the temperature between 40.9 and 42 degree C.
Jaipur recorded a maximum temperature of 40.7 degree C, about 2 degree more than yesterday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket