Militant hideout busted in Kashmir
Jammu: Security forces have busted a major militant hideout in Jammu and Kashmir, recovering a huge quantity of automatic rifles, ammunitions, grenades and powerful explosives, an army official said Saturday.
After receiving intelligence inputs about the terrorist hideout in the forests of Marmat area of Doda district, around 170 km from here, a joint team of 10 Rashtriya Rifles and police conducted the raid Friday evening, army spokesperson Col. R.K. Palta told reporters.
"The troops had to walk for over 10 hours through rough terrain to reach the remote militant site. There is no telephone connectivity in the area. The army and police columns are still on their way back to the base camp," the spokesperson added.
The arms and ammunitions recovered include many automatic and country-made rifles, their magazines, a pistol, launchers, grenades, 60mm mortar bombs and 5 kg RDX.
Besides these, binoculars, grenade fuses, radio set antenna, propaganda books, medicines and Rs.1,819 in Indian currency were also recovered from the site, Col. Palta said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued