Militant killed in gunfight with security forces in Kupwara
Srinagar: An unidentified militant has
been killed in an encounter with security forces in the forest
of North Kashmir`s frontier district of Kupwara, a police
spokesman said on Saturday.
The militant was killed during a gunfight with
security forces, who had launched a search operation at
Phrooltib Gali in Kandi forest of Kupwara, 120 kms from here,
last evening, the spokesman said.
The spokesman said the militant could not be
identified and his outfit affiliation was also not known yet.
One AK 47 rifle, four magazines, one pouch and 52
rounds were recovered the possession of the slain militant, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video