Militant training camps operating in Pak: BSF DG
Jammu: Some recent encounters in Kashmir
Valley indicate that militant training camps across the border
are still in existence, BSF Director General ML Kumawat said on Saturday.
"Pakistan needs to take a decisive action against
them. In case Islamabad is serious about taking action against
terrorist outfits in their own country, they must dismantle
these camps," he told reporters here.
Asked about the number of such camps and locations
across the border, he said, "We need not go into their numbers
and locations." The fact remains that these training camps are
there and they need to be dismantled by Pakistani authorities,
Pointing out that Pak Rangers had built a number of
structures including bunkers and observation posts across the
border after the Mumbai attack, he said "we did not react to
these developments as it would have given Pakistan an excuse
not to deal with terrorists in that country".
BSF is the largest border guarding force in the world
with 2.25 lakh personnel and 30,000 more men would be added
soon to guard the frontiers.
He said the government has sanctioned setting up of
500 Border outposts (BOPs) -- 300 in the eastern and the rest
in the western sector. Of these, 33 will be upgraded and
mordernised in Jammu frontier.
- 'Sighed with relief only after Osama Bin Laden's body reached Afghanistan' - Barack Obama in candid interview
- Sony launches water-resistant SRS-XB3 portable wireless speakers at Rs 12,990
- Check nbsenagaland.com, nagaland.gov.in for Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) Result 2016
- Rahul Gandhi as UP CM? Twitteratis had a blast
- VVIP chopper deal: After CBI, SP Tyagi to be questioned by Enforcement Directorate