Militants would continue war against India: Hizbul chief
Islamabad: Top Kashmiri militant
commander Syed Salahuddin on Saturday admitted that the activities
of militants in Jammu and Kashmir had increased according to a
"definite plan" and they were continuing their "war" against
Indian security forces.
"In the field, the activities of the mujahideen have
increased and are increasing according to a definite plan. We
are fighting a guerrilla war that cannot be at a constant
pace. There is sit and stop, according to a plan, and we are
continuing our war," said Salahuddin, who heads the Hizbul
Mujahideen and United Jehad Council.
He claimed the "uprising" in Jammu and Kashmir had
never declined and world governments and the media had
"underestimated" it due to pressure in the wake of 9/11 terror
attacks in the US.
He also claimed there was no infiltration by militants
across the Line of Control.
Salahuddin said during an interview with Dawn News
channel that he supported the Taliban`s war against US-led
forces in Afghanistan.
"As far as Taliban`s ideology is that US and other
foreign forces should leave Afghanistan, we support it 110 percent and think it is correct. But it is illegal to conduct any
activities within Pakistan," he claimed.
Salahuddin dismissed a question about the Taliban
being behind attacks within Pakistan, saying: "Any mujahid can
never be involved in disruptive actions in Pakistan."
He claimed there was no proof that militants from
groups like the Hizb-e-Islami or Pakistani and Afghan Taliban
were involved in attacks within Pakistan.
The militant commander also dismissed the
interviewer`s contention that the Pakistani Taliban had
claimed responsibility for attacks within the country and
alleged such attacks were being carried out by "some 40,000
people who were trained in 12 training camps run by India in
He alleged India had tried to misguide the world
community and pressurise Pakistan by claiming militants based
in the country were involved in the Mumbai attacks.
The Mumbai attacks had no link to the Kashmir movement
and would make no difference to it, he claimed.
Noting that the Hizbul Mujahideen had attacked the
Wullar barrage in Jammu and Kashmir in 1992, Salahuddin said
the militants could attack other dams in the Indian state "if
there is a need".
He added: "It is not a big issue for us." Salahuddin
claimed the regime of former military ruler Pervez Musharraf
had damaged the Kashmir movement in 2002 by agreeing to talks
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Manthan: Expert's tips to avoid stomach gas, constipation
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 declared
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced