Military coup will never happen in India: AK Antony
Kochi: A military coup is not even a distant possibility in India, Defence Minister A.K. Antony said here Sunday.
Antony said this while interacting with the media after giving away awards for Indian Coast Guard personnel.
"A military coup in our country is not even a remote possibility and there is no reason to fear about it," Antony said responding to a question on the statement of a former director general of military operations that the army in 2012 advanced towards the capital.
Antony also said that the defence forces acted responsibly and functioned on the directives of a democratically-elected government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why