Military education need of the hour: Bhagwat
Nashik: RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat has
stressed the need for imparting military education to students
citing "rising" threat to internal security.
"Even 64 years after independence, India is being
threatened by China and Pakistan....with rising concern over
internal security, we should give top priority to military
education to students to make India strong," Bhagwat said.
He was addressing the platinum jubilee function of
Bhonsala Military School here Monday evening.
"Current education system is business
oriented... Foreigners have adopted our education system and
our policymakers are imitating theirs... This should be
rectified," Bhagwat said.
Bhonsala Military School was founded in 1937 by the
staunch Hindu leader Dr BS Moonje who also played a role in
mentoring Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh (RSS) founder KB
"The Bhonsala Military School was founded by Moonje in
a view to protect the nation and has been acting as a feeder
institute to fulfil backlog of military officials," the RSS
Senior RSS functionary Prakash Pathak informed that
the BMS was going to start a similar facility exclusively for
girls in Nashik.
The BMS run by the Central Hindu Military Education
Society (CHMES) is also mulling to set up a flying club and a
pilot training institute besides a centre for service
preparation and aeronautic engineering education.
"We are receiving proposals from the states of Madhya
Pradesh, Gujarat, Uttarakhand for setting up military schools
there and will soon take a call on them," Pathak said.
Bhagwat also released a book `Smaran Samaranche`
written by city-based Girish Takale.
Earlier, BMS students called "ramdandis" held a march
to mark the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part II
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part III
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part IV
- Exclusive: Home Minister Rajnath Singh in conversation with Sudhir Chaudhary
- Japanese investors keen to invest in India's infra growth story: Arun Jaitley
- PM Narendra Modi's mother given Nari Jagran Samman 2016 award
- Haryana Jats to renew job quota protests from June 5
- Iran says to miss hajj, Saudi 'blocking path to Allah'
- WATCH: Mother of all sixes — Ben Cutting cuts loose in IPL final