Millions of youth want Rahul as PM candidate in 2014: Scindia
Davos: Union Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia on Friday joined the chorus for Rahul Gandhi as Prime Ministerial candidate in 2014, saying the demand not only reflected feeling in the Congress party, but also those of millions of youth across the country.
"I certainly think that he is the Prime Ministerial candidate and I would very much want to see him in that position," Scindia told PTI in an interview on the sidelines of World Economic Forum Annual Meeting here.
Scindia, known as part of the Rahul brigade, added: "When I say that, I do not speak for myself alone, I speak for not only the Congress Party, but I also speak for millions of youth across the country".
He was replying to a query if people should expect Rahul as Congress` Prime Ministerial candidate in the next general elections.
After months of anticipation and clamour within the Congress, Rahul was appointed Vice President of the part as Congress got into battle mode for the 2014 polls.
The party has also said that his role in the 2014 Lok Sabha polls would be decided later.
The party has stopped short of naming Rahul either as its face in the 2014 polls or as its Prime Ministerial candidate, obviously, giving itself time to see how the political scenario pans out in the run up to the polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes