Minimum temperatures above normal in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold wave conditions were yet to grip Punjab and Haryana, where minimum temperatures on Tuesday hovered above the normal levels.
The minimum at Chandigarh, where residents woke up to a bright sun shine, rose by couple of notches since yesterday to settle at 11.4 degrees Celsius, four above normal range, the MeT office said here.
In Haryana, Ambala registered a low of 11.8 degrees Celsius, five notches above normal while Hisar`s low of 8.5 degrees Celsius was up by two degrees.
Narnaul and Bhiwani recorded respective above normal lows of 8.3 degrees Celsius and 8.2 degrees Celsius.
In Punjab, the minimum at Ludhiana settled at 10.8 degrees Celsius, up by four notches while Patiala`s minimum of 10.4 degrees Celsius was also up four degrees.
The minimum at Amritsar rose by over three degrees since yesterday to settle at 10.6 degrees Celsius, seven notches above normal level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli hits 26th hundred as India inch closer to win
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption