Minimum temperatures above normal in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold wave conditions were yet to grip Punjab and Haryana, where minimum temperatures on Tuesday hovered above the normal levels.
The minimum at Chandigarh, where residents woke up to a bright sun shine, rose by couple of notches since yesterday to settle at 11.4 degrees Celsius, four above normal range, the MeT office said here.
In Haryana, Ambala registered a low of 11.8 degrees Celsius, five notches above normal while Hisar`s low of 8.5 degrees Celsius was up by two degrees.
Narnaul and Bhiwani recorded respective above normal lows of 8.3 degrees Celsius and 8.2 degrees Celsius.
In Punjab, the minimum at Ludhiana settled at 10.8 degrees Celsius, up by four notches while Patiala`s minimum of 10.4 degrees Celsius was also up four degrees.
The minimum at Amritsar rose by over three degrees since yesterday to settle at 10.6 degrees Celsius, seven notches above normal level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened