Minimum temperatures drop in Punjab and Haryana
Chandigarh: The minimum temperatures on Sunday dropped by a few notches at most places in Punjab and Haryana, where many areas were again lashed by rains overnight.
Chandigarh, which received 17.2 mm of rain overnight, witnessed a slight drop in minimum since yesterday. However at 10.2 degree Celsius, the low was still a notch above normal, the MeT said here.
In Haryana, Hisar`s minimum settled at 9.1 degree Celsius while Narnaul registered a low of 9.5 degree Celsius, both down by two notches each. Bhiwani, which was lashed by 18.2 mm of rain, recorded a low of 9.5 degree Celsius, down two notches.
Ambala recorded a low of 11 degree Celsius, two degrees above normal and the town received a rainfall of 17.2 mm.
Amritsar in Punjab registered a low of 11 degree Celsius and received heavy rainfall of 28.2 mm.
Ludhiana recorded three degrees above normal low at 12 degree Celsius and a rainfall of 14.6 mm. The minimum at Patiala, which was lashed by 12 mm of rain, dropped a notch below normal at 9.4 degree Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what