Minimum temperatures drop in Punjab and Haryana
Chandigarh: The minimum temperatures on Sunday dropped by a few notches at most places in Punjab and Haryana, where many areas were again lashed by rains overnight.
Chandigarh, which received 17.2 mm of rain overnight, witnessed a slight drop in minimum since yesterday. However at 10.2 degree Celsius, the low was still a notch above normal, the MeT said here.
In Haryana, Hisar`s minimum settled at 9.1 degree Celsius while Narnaul registered a low of 9.5 degree Celsius, both down by two notches each. Bhiwani, which was lashed by 18.2 mm of rain, recorded a low of 9.5 degree Celsius, down two notches.
Ambala recorded a low of 11 degree Celsius, two degrees above normal and the town received a rainfall of 17.2 mm.
Amritsar in Punjab registered a low of 11 degree Celsius and received heavy rainfall of 28.2 mm.
Ludhiana recorded three degrees above normal low at 12 degree Celsius and a rainfall of 14.6 mm. The minimum at Patiala, which was lashed by 12 mm of rain, dropped a notch below normal at 9.4 degree Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Anti-burkini law would be `unconstitutional`: French minister
- Researchers find way to boost gene-editing tool efficiency
- British PM to put stamp on Brexit before G20 summit
- Germany's top immigration officer anticipates 300,000 refugees in 2016
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank