Minimum temperatures drop in Punjab and Haryana
Chandigarh: The minimum temperatures on Sunday dropped by a few notches at most places in Punjab and Haryana, where many areas were again lashed by rains overnight.
Chandigarh, which received 17.2 mm of rain overnight, witnessed a slight drop in minimum since yesterday. However at 10.2 degree Celsius, the low was still a notch above normal, the MeT said here.
In Haryana, Hisar`s minimum settled at 9.1 degree Celsius while Narnaul registered a low of 9.5 degree Celsius, both down by two notches each. Bhiwani, which was lashed by 18.2 mm of rain, recorded a low of 9.5 degree Celsius, down two notches.
Ambala recorded a low of 11 degree Celsius, two degrees above normal and the town received a rainfall of 17.2 mm.
Amritsar in Punjab registered a low of 11 degree Celsius and received heavy rainfall of 28.2 mm.
Ludhiana recorded three degrees above normal low at 12 degree Celsius and a rainfall of 14.6 mm. The minimum at Patiala, which was lashed by 12 mm of rain, dropped a notch below normal at 9.4 degree Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- PSL 2016 T20, Match 7: Quetta Gladiators vs Peshawar Zalmi – Key players