Minimum temperatures drop in Punjab and Haryana
Chandigarh: The minimum temperatures on Sunday dropped by a few notches at most places in Punjab and Haryana, where many areas were again lashed by rains overnight.
Chandigarh, which received 17.2 mm of rain overnight, witnessed a slight drop in minimum since yesterday. However at 10.2 degree Celsius, the low was still a notch above normal, the MeT said here.
In Haryana, Hisar`s minimum settled at 9.1 degree Celsius while Narnaul registered a low of 9.5 degree Celsius, both down by two notches each. Bhiwani, which was lashed by 18.2 mm of rain, recorded a low of 9.5 degree Celsius, down two notches.
Ambala recorded a low of 11 degree Celsius, two degrees above normal and the town received a rainfall of 17.2 mm.
Amritsar in Punjab registered a low of 11 degree Celsius and received heavy rainfall of 28.2 mm.
Ludhiana recorded three degrees above normal low at 12 degree Celsius and a rainfall of 14.6 mm. The minimum at Patiala, which was lashed by 12 mm of rain, dropped a notch below normal at 9.4 degree Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love