Minimum temperatures remain above normal in North
New Delhi: North India enjoyed a cold but pleasant day on Wednesday as minimum temperatures remained above the normal range across the region.
In capital Delhi, the maximum temperature was recorded at 22.7 degrees celsius while the minimum was 11.3 degrees celsius, three degrees more than normal.
Minimum temperatures continued to hover above normal levels in Punjab and Haryana, though these dropped marginally since yesterday.
Chandigarh recorded a low of 8.8 degrees Celsius, two above the normal range, the MeT said here.
In Haryana, Ambala registered a low of 9.8 degrees Celsius, three notches above normal while Hisar`s low of 8.3 degrees Celsius was up by one notch.
In Punjab, the minimum at Ludhiana settled at 10.2 degrees Celsius, up three notches while Patiala`s minimum of 9.6 degrees Celsius was also up by three degrees.
The MeT has forecast mainly sunny days in the two states and Chandigarh until tomorrow.
Mist or shallow fog may occur during night and morning at isolated pockets in the two states, the MeT forecast says.
The Jammu-Srinagar national highway reopened for vehicular traffic today, a day after it was blocked due to a major landslide in Ramban district.
The 300-km-long highway, which is the only surface link between Kashmir and rest of the country, got blocked due to a major landslide triggered by rains at Seri belt of Ramban district last evening.
Border Roads Organisation (BRO), which maintains the national highway, had pressed into services its men and machines and cleared the landslide this morning restoring vehicular traffic on the highway.
There was one-way traffic on the highway for past three days following reopening of the highway on December 16 after three days of closure due to heavy snowfall.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say