Minimum temperatures rise across Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: People reeling under cold conditions in Punjab and Haryana for past several days on Saturday got the much-needed respite as minimum temperature rose between 2-7 notches above normal in both the states.
The minimum at Chandigarh rose by over four degrees since yesterday and six above normal to settle at 13 deg C, the MeT office said here.
Among other places in Punjab, Ludhiana and Patiala recorded respective minimums of 13.4 deg C and 13.6 deg C, up by six and seven notches.
Amritsar`s minimum settled at 7 deg C, two above normal level.
In Haryana, Ambala, Karnal and Bhiwani recorded above normal lows of 13.4 deg C, 10.8 deg C and 13.2 deg C respectively.
Hisar`s minimum rose by eight notches since yesterday to settle at 13.6 deg C, while Narnaul recorded a low of 8.6 deg C, four degrees above normal.
Meanwhile, fog enveloped various parts of the region early today including Chandigarh, Ludhiana, Karnal and Ambala.
The MeT in its forecast said light rains may occur at isolated places in Punjab and Haryana until tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- New music by Beatles legend George Harrison to be released
- Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh to visit Pakistan in August for SAARC meet
- Dope scandal: Narsingh Yadav's Rio Olympics fate hangs in balance as NADA set to pronounce verdict today
- Indo-US counter-terrorism joint working group to meet today
- Hillary Clinton more qualified than anyone to serve as US president: Barack Obama