Minimum temperatures rise across Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: People reeling under cold conditions in Punjab and Haryana for past several days on Saturday got the much-needed respite as minimum temperature rose between 2-7 notches above normal in both the states.
The minimum at Chandigarh rose by over four degrees since yesterday and six above normal to settle at 13 deg C, the MeT office said here.
Among other places in Punjab, Ludhiana and Patiala recorded respective minimums of 13.4 deg C and 13.6 deg C, up by six and seven notches.
Amritsar`s minimum settled at 7 deg C, two above normal level.
In Haryana, Ambala, Karnal and Bhiwani recorded above normal lows of 13.4 deg C, 10.8 deg C and 13.2 deg C respectively.
Hisar`s minimum rose by eight notches since yesterday to settle at 13.6 deg C, while Narnaul recorded a low of 8.6 deg C, four degrees above normal.
Meanwhile, fog enveloped various parts of the region early today including Chandigarh, Ludhiana, Karnal and Ambala.
The MeT in its forecast said light rains may occur at isolated places in Punjab and Haryana until tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad