Minimum temperatures rise across Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: People reeling under cold conditions in Punjab and Haryana for past several days on Saturday got the much-needed respite as minimum temperature rose between 2-7 notches above normal in both the states.
The minimum at Chandigarh rose by over four degrees since yesterday and six above normal to settle at 13 deg C, the MeT office said here.
Among other places in Punjab, Ludhiana and Patiala recorded respective minimums of 13.4 deg C and 13.6 deg C, up by six and seven notches.
Amritsar`s minimum settled at 7 deg C, two above normal level.
In Haryana, Ambala, Karnal and Bhiwani recorded above normal lows of 13.4 deg C, 10.8 deg C and 13.2 deg C respectively.
Hisar`s minimum rose by eight notches since yesterday to settle at 13.6 deg C, while Narnaul recorded a low of 8.6 deg C, four degrees above normal.
Meanwhile, fog enveloped various parts of the region early today including Chandigarh, Ludhiana, Karnal and Ambala.
The MeT in its forecast said light rains may occur at isolated places in Punjab and Haryana until tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- Attention parents! Childhood head injury may up mental illness, mortality risk
- My mom gets worried about controversies: Sonakshi Sinha
- India will slip in ICC T20 ranking if it loses 0-2 in T20Is against West Indies
- Sensex drops 224 points; Nifty dips below 8,600-mark
- Have every right to intervene if no Syrian Kurd withdrawal: Turkey