Mining rules violation varies from state to state: Shah panel
Bhubaneswar: The Justice MB Shah Commission probing the alleged mining scam in three states on Saturday said the nature of violation varied from one to another.
"The nature of violation is different from one state to another. We have probed the mining scam in Karnataka, Goa and now Odisha. But the violation is different," Karnataka`s Principal Conservator of Forests UV Singh told reporters here after returning from a field inspection in Keonjhar and Sundergarh districts.
Singh, who heads the six-member team of the Shah panel, said "while one state undertakes excess production of mineral in violation of rules, it is found that in another state mines owners do not get forest and environment clearance before going for operation."
He, however, did not divulge the exact nature of violation in Odisha that the panel detected during the field visit.
"We will mention everything in our report," Singh said.
The panel, which came here for the third time, had visited nine iron ore mines in Keonjhar and Sundergarh districts.
"After the field tour, we will concentrate on document verification," Singh said adding the team is scheduled to continue its third phase of investigation till November 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof