Ministers were divided over action to end my fast: Anna
Ralegaon-Siddhi: Looking fit and fresh after
his recovery from the effects of his 12-day fast in support of
a strong Lokpal, Anna Hazare on Sunday poked fun at the Union
Council of Ministers, saying it was divided on action to be
taken to end the impasse over his anti-corruption stir.
"There were squabbles in the Cabinet over action to be
taken to resolve the situation arising out of my fast. Some
5-6 ministers were acting as if they were the Prime Minister,"
he said laughingly after the conclusion of the two-day meeting
of his core committee, which met here to chalk out future
course of the movement.
"Even on the 12th day of my fast, there was no one to
take a decision in the matter to resolve the stalemate," he
said and described the situation prevailing at the Centre in
the absence of Congress president Sonia Gandhi who was abroad
at the time of his fast as a "sorry state of affairs".
The Gandhian hinted he would be travelling by train
through the country to have greater interaction with people
during his proposed campaign in support of Jan Lokpal Bill in
"If I travel by plane, interaction with people would not
be possible and there won`t be any difference between me and
ministers," he said.
Meanwhile, Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan
spoke to Hazare over phone today and enquired about his
"Chavan inquired about Anna`s health, while Anna
expressed his gratitude," Hazare`s aide advocate Shyam Asawa
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof