Ministers were divided over action to end my fast: Anna
Ralegaon-Siddhi: Looking fit and fresh after
his recovery from the effects of his 12-day fast in support of
a strong Lokpal, Anna Hazare on Sunday poked fun at the Union
Council of Ministers, saying it was divided on action to be
taken to end the impasse over his anti-corruption stir.
"There were squabbles in the Cabinet over action to be
taken to resolve the situation arising out of my fast. Some
5-6 ministers were acting as if they were the Prime Minister,"
he said laughingly after the conclusion of the two-day meeting
of his core committee, which met here to chalk out future
course of the movement.
"Even on the 12th day of my fast, there was no one to
take a decision in the matter to resolve the stalemate," he
said and described the situation prevailing at the Centre in
the absence of Congress president Sonia Gandhi who was abroad
at the time of his fast as a "sorry state of affairs".
The Gandhian hinted he would be travelling by train
through the country to have greater interaction with people
during his proposed campaign in support of Jan Lokpal Bill in
"If I travel by plane, interaction with people would not
be possible and there won`t be any difference between me and
ministers," he said.
Meanwhile, Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan
spoke to Hazare over phone today and enquired about his
"Chavan inquired about Anna`s health, while Anna
expressed his gratitude," Hazare`s aide advocate Shyam Asawa
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- LeEco sells 61,000 units of Le 2 and Le Max2 for online sales record of Rs 78 cr
- Madhuri Dixit turns singer on reality show
- Tripura Civil Service officer rapes woman in Agartala, now absconding
- Summer health tips: How to stay energetic throughout the day!
- China reacts to PM Modi, says wants 'mutually acceptable solution to issues with India'