Ministry asks RRB to make exams foolproof
New Delhi: In the wake of CBI unearthing a
multi-crore recruitment scam, a concerned Railway Ministry has
asked the body holding the examinations to devise a strategy
to make them foolproof.
The instructions were conveyed to Railway Recruitment
Board (RRB) which was asked to take appropriate measures to
prevent recurrence of leakages of question papers and ensure
fairness in the conduct of the examinations, said a senior
Railway Ministry official.
The CBI had on June 19 claimed to have busted the
multi-crore scam and had arrested eight persons, including
Vivek Bhardwaj Sharma, son of Mumbai RRB Chairman S M Sharma,
then ADRM in Raipur A K Jagannatham and his son Srujan.
A day later, the Railways had postponed the next round of
examination scheduled for June 27.
"Railway Recruitment Board on its part has asked all the
RRBs to provide inputs like maintaining confidentiality in the
entire examination process among others," the official said.
The move comes as the Railway Board has given nod to the
CBI to investigate the role of suspended Chairman of Railway
Recruitment Board, Mumbai, in the scam.
The CBI alleged that the accused in the scam used to
charge Rs 3.5 lakh from an aspirant to leak question papers.
The current round of railway examination which began on
June 3 is being attended by about 70 lakh job aspirants from
across the country.
Till now, two rounds of examination for various posts
have been conducted. The next round of examination on June 27
which was postponed was to see more than six lakh candidates
appearing for 1545 vacancies in posts like enquiry-cum
reservation clerk and goods guard.
The official said no decision has been taken on a fresh
date for the conduct of the examination.
On the other hand, Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee is
reported to have expressed concern over the issue and has
asked the Board to make the examinations foolproof.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference