Minor collision at Mumbai airport, no casualties
Mumbai: The pilot of a Jet Airways Muscat-bound aircraft with 122 passengers on board was forced to ground the flight after the tip of the plane brushed against the tail fin of a parked Kingfisher aircraft at the
city airport in the wee hours on Saturday.
The incident took place around 0205 hours this morning when the Jet aircraft was pushing back for take off, airport sources said.
"The pilot of Jet Airways flight 9W5402 reported that while pushing back from Bay 85, the aircraft tip brushed against the tail fin of an adjacent Kingfisher aircraft on Bay 84," sources said.
The Jet aircraft has been grounded and the incident is being probed by the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA).
Terming it as a ground incident, a Jet spokesperson said, the left wing of a Boeing 737 hit the stabiliser of a Kingfisher aircraft during push back.
The Jet airways passengers were flown to their destination by another aircraft, the spokesperson added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi