Minor fire at Indian embassy in Myanmar
Yangon/New Delhi: A minor fire broke out Sunday evening at the five-storey building of the Indian embassy in Myanmar`s former capital city of Yangon, but it was put out soon, Xinhua reported.
The blaze burned part of an office on the third storey, according to fire station officials.
The fire that started at 6.05 p.m. was caused by over-heating of the electricity inverter. It was doused by 6.30 p.m. by 16 fire engines.
"An electrical short circuit is believed to be the cause of the fire," an official in the Indian ministry of external affairs in New Delhi told IANS.
"The fire office responded to the call immediately and the flames were doused in quick time," the official added.
No casualties were reported.
The estimated loss due to the fire will be revealed later, fire station officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees