Minor fire at Indian embassy in Myanmar
Yangon/New Delhi: A minor fire broke out Sunday evening at the five-storey building of the Indian embassy in Myanmar`s former capital city of Yangon, but it was put out soon, Xinhua reported.
The blaze burned part of an office on the third storey, according to fire station officials.
The fire that started at 6.05 p.m. was caused by over-heating of the electricity inverter. It was doused by 6.30 p.m. by 16 fire engines.
"An electrical short circuit is believed to be the cause of the fire," an official in the Indian ministry of external affairs in New Delhi told IANS.
"The fire office responded to the call immediately and the flames were doused in quick time," the official added.
No casualties were reported.
The estimated loss due to the fire will be revealed later, fire station officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- French Open 2016: Andy Murray, Stan Wawrinka face Czech challenge in Paris
- Iraq PM announces start of operation to retake Fallujah
- Amnesty warns Yemen civilians face cluster bombs `minefields`
- KTM 1290 Super Duke R based Husqvarna 1301 spotted testing
- 17 girls dead in fire at school dormitory in Thailand