Minor fire in Navy Chief`s office
New Delhi: A minor fire broke out in the office of Navy Chief Admiral D K Joshi this evening, fire brigade officials said.
The incident took place at around 5:15 pm in the South Block office of Joshi.
"The blaze was reported from an airconditioning duct. It was a minor incident. There was smoke and we suspect it to be a case of short circuit," the officials said.
It was not clear whether the Navy Chief was in his room when the incident took place.
Officials of Delhi Fire Services and Delhi Police rushed to the spot soon after the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends