Minorities in BJP do not have lust for posts: Shahnawaz
Patna: BJP today said minorities under the
banner of the party did not harbour `lust` for posts and
power, party`s national spokesman Syed Shahnawaz Hussain said
"Minorities in BJP do not have lust for power and posts.
They love the party and are capable of sailing against the
course of current," he said when addressing workers`
conference organised by BJP`s minorities cell in Bihar.
Stating that those who believed that BJP was far away
from minorities were living in fool`s paradise, Hussain said,
"I can loudly tell that if there is any formidable
organisation of minorities in Bihar, it is with BJP and not
with any other party."
"All the Muslims who decided to live in India after
division are ready to go for any sacrifice for the sake of the
country," he said and ridiculed NCP General Secretary Tariq
Anwar`s statement against BJP alleging that the saffron party
had sided with MNS chief Raj Thackeray on the issue of
"I never supported MNS leader Raj Thackeray or extended
help to him," Hussain said and castigated Anwar for his
"Jaichand and Mirzaffar" remarks against him (Shahnawaz).
Holding Congress responsible for the riots in
Bhagalpur, he said it was the reason that led to that party
faced a rout and now it has only ten MLAs in the state
Hussain slammed Union Minorities Welfare Minister
Salman Khursheed for his allegations that Nitish Kumar
government had miserably failed to reach the benefits of
Multi-sectoral schemes to minorities and said the minorities
knew it better what NDA led by Nitish Kumar had delivered for
them during the past 57 months.
"BJP has never been against the interests of minorities
and it will continue to work for betterment of their lot," he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened