Minority women`s scheme fund for 64 organisations
New Delhi: The government has sanctioned funds to 64 NGOs for implementing a `Leadership Development of Minority Women` scheme across 12 states, the Lok Sabha was informed on Friday.
In a written reply, Minister of State for Minority Affairs Ninong Ering said: "The ministry received project proposals from various organisations with recommendation from their respective state governments/union territories administrations and in this respect 64 organisations were sanctioned funds to implement the projects under the scheme in 12 states."
He said the ministry received 271 expressions of interest for the implementation of scheme for 2012-13 from eligible organisations, including NGOs, through advertisement in national/state dailies.
Out of the 271 expressions of interest, only 187 organisations were shortlisted, the minister said.
The organisations were asked to submit project proposals with recommendation from state/union territory administrations, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL