Miraculous escape for 140 AI passengers
Jammu: More than 140 passengers and crew members of an Air India flight from Srinagar to Delhi had a miraculous escape after the aircraft`s tyre caught fire while taking off from Jammu airport Tuesday evening, officials said.
According to airport sources, the tyre caught fire while the plane was about to take off but the pilot managed to bring the aircraft to a halt.
The passengers were evacuated safely.
The flight had a stopover in Jammu, from where it picked up about 30 Delhi-bound passengers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note