Miraculous escape for 140 AI passengers
Jammu: More than 140 passengers and crew members of an Air India flight from Srinagar to Delhi had a miraculous escape after the aircraft`s tyre caught fire while taking off from Jammu airport Tuesday evening, officials said.
According to airport sources, the tyre caught fire while the plane was about to take off but the pilot managed to bring the aircraft to a halt.
The passengers were evacuated safely.
The flight had a stopover in Jammu, from where it picked up about 30 Delhi-bound passengers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued