Miraculous escape for 140 AI passengers
Jammu: More than 140 passengers and crew members of an Air India flight from Srinagar to Delhi had a miraculous escape after the aircraft`s tyre caught fire while taking off from Jammu airport Tuesday evening, officials said.
According to airport sources, the tyre caught fire while the plane was about to take off but the pilot managed to bring the aircraft to a halt.
The passengers were evacuated safely.
The flight had a stopover in Jammu, from where it picked up about 30 Delhi-bound passengers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"