Mirwaiz for acceleration of Indo-Pak talks
Srinagar: Moderate Hurriyat Conference
chairman Mirwaiz Umar Farooq on Friday said there was need for
accelerating the dialogue process between India and Pakistan
for resolution of Kashmir issue.
"The pace of dialogue process between India and Pakistan
is very slow. If we talk in cricketing terms, India and
Pakistan are running for singles...Today is the time for
hitting fours and sixes," Mirwaiz said at Friday congregation
in Jamia Masjid here.
He said people of Kashmir have been waiting for the last
63 years for resolution of the issue.
"Time is running very fast. Kashmiris are waiting for a
solution," he said, adding that a political will and
determination is needed for resolution of the Kashmir issue.
In an apparent reference to the killing of an NC office
bearer on Wednesday, Mirwaiz said, "Hurriyat condemns if a
person is being killed for his political views or affiliations
...Hurriyat believes in democratic values and everyone has a
right to speak be he pro-movement or anti-movement."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues