Mirwaiz for acceleration of Indo-Pak talks
Srinagar: Moderate Hurriyat Conference
chairman Mirwaiz Umar Farooq on Friday said there was need for
accelerating the dialogue process between India and Pakistan
for resolution of Kashmir issue.
"The pace of dialogue process between India and Pakistan
is very slow. If we talk in cricketing terms, India and
Pakistan are running for singles...Today is the time for
hitting fours and sixes," Mirwaiz said at Friday congregation
in Jamia Masjid here.
He said people of Kashmir have been waiting for the last
63 years for resolution of the issue.
"Time is running very fast. Kashmiris are waiting for a
solution," he said, adding that a political will and
determination is needed for resolution of the Kashmir issue.
In an apparent reference to the killing of an NC office
bearer on Wednesday, Mirwaiz said, "Hurriyat condemns if a
person is being killed for his political views or affiliations
...Hurriyat believes in democratic values and everyone has a
right to speak be he pro-movement or anti-movement."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof