Mirwaiz heckled in Delhi again
New Delhi: The youth wing of BJP on Tuesday
attacked Kashmiri separatist Hurriyat Conference Mirwaiz Umer
Farooq`s car when he was entering Foreign Correspondent`s club
here to attend a seminar.
As the news about his presence at the seminar came out,
activists of Bhartiya Janata Yuva Morcha assembled outside the
venue and shouted slogans against the Mirwaiz.
Shouting slogans like "Bharat Mata ki Jai" and "Vande
Mataram", the demonstrators hurled eggs, water bottles and a
few stones at the SUV of the Mirwaiz, damaging the windscreen
of the vehicle.
Nearly one company (120 personnel) of CRPF and Delhi
Police personnel escorted the Mirwaiz into the venue of the
"We are here to protest the Mirwaiz`s presence. He
should not be allowed to participate in any programme as he
furthers anti-India agenda," BJYM activist Anil Sharma told
reporters while he was being detained.
Some of the youths, who were being whisked away by CRPF,
told the personnel of para-military force that it was ironical
that they (CRPF) were trying to save a person who had been
instrumental in tarnishing their image in the Kashmir Valley.
The commotion lasted for nearly 45 minutes before the
protesters were whisked away in two buses.
This is the third attack on the Mirwaiz in last five
days. Earlier, he was attacked on November 28 by members of
BJP`s student wing who hurled eggs at his vehicle here and
The Mirwaiz was coming out of an auditorium in Kolkata
after attending a seminar on `Kashmir- A Way Out` when members
of Akhil Bhartiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP), who were holding
banners and shoes tied to a stick, threw eggs at his car,
besides shouting slogans.
On November 25, the Mirwaiz and another separatist
leader Bilal Lone were heckled by activists of Hindu
organisations during a seminar in Chandigarh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed