Misa calls him `chacha`; for Lalu, Ram Kripal is Modi`s brother
Zee Media Bureau/Ajith Vijay Kumar
New Delhi/Patna: Ram Kripal Yadav is `chacha` for Misa Bharti but for Lalu Prasad Yadav, his one-time close aide is now brother of Narendra Modi.
The Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief has hit out at Ram Kripal for embracing the Bharatiya Janata Party and its prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
Chiding Ram Kripal for abandoning his “principles”, Lalu said, “Overnight Ram Kripal Yadav has become Narendra Modi`s brother.”
“People now know how he (Ram Kripal) has sold his ideology. It is good that such a person has gone away,” he added.
Lalu also stressed that neither he had asked Ram Kripal to quit the party nor asked him to vacate his Rajya Sabha seat. “He has left on his own,” Lalu said.
Lalu`s direct attack on his former aide came hours after Ram Kripal officially joined the BJP in presence of party president Rajnath Singh and senior leaders from the Bihar unit of the party on Wednesday.
Backing Narendra Modi, Ram Kripal said, “The man who is defining the next era of our nation Mr Narendra Modi".
Vowing to work for the BJP as a grassroot worker, he accused Lalu of playing "dynasty politics".
Ram Kripal had felt out with the RJD after Lalu ignored his wish to contest the Lok Sabha polls from Patliputra seat and nominated his daughter Misa instead.
While no announcement has made, there are strong indications that Ram Kripal would be named as BJP`s candidate to take on Misa.
Misa may have already discounted talks of a fight with her `chacha` saying that it will still remain a family matter, `chacha` seems to have other plans.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH