Miscommunication led to arrest of Darul cleric
New Delhi: The scare created by a
telephonic conversation by a Darul Uloom cleric onboard a
London flight appears to be a case of miscommunication, Delhi
Police Commissioner Y S Dadwal said on Friday.
Nurul Huda, a resident of UP`s Saharanpur, was
arrested on May 13 from an Emirates flight from Delhi to
London at the IGI airport here after a woman co-passenger
complained about his "suspicious" talk over phone.
The woman told the cabin crew that she heard him
saying over the phone that "jahaz udne wala hei, ham udane
wala hei" (the plane is about to take off, we are about to
blow up), police had said yesterday. Following this, he was
offloaded from the plane and placed under arrest.
He said, the cleric told police that he was only
telling somebody that "the plane is about to fly (jahaj udne
"It could have been a case of miscommunication.
However, we are continuing our probe. We are checking his
antecedents," Dadwal told reporters when asked about the
He was offloaded from the plane at around 11 am on
Wednesday when it was about to take off. Huda was on way to
London to attend a religious conference there.
Asked whether non-bailable sections will be invoked
against Huda, Dadwal said, "we had a quick check. We don`t
want to proceed" on non-bailable charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi