Miscommunication led to arrest of Darul cleric
New Delhi: The scare created by a
telephonic conversation by a Darul Uloom cleric onboard a
London flight appears to be a case of miscommunication, Delhi
Police Commissioner Y S Dadwal said on Friday.
Nurul Huda, a resident of UP`s Saharanpur, was
arrested on May 13 from an Emirates flight from Delhi to
London at the IGI airport here after a woman co-passenger
complained about his "suspicious" talk over phone.
The woman told the cabin crew that she heard him
saying over the phone that "jahaz udne wala hei, ham udane
wala hei" (the plane is about to take off, we are about to
blow up), police had said yesterday. Following this, he was
offloaded from the plane and placed under arrest.
He said, the cleric told police that he was only
telling somebody that "the plane is about to fly (jahaj udne
"It could have been a case of miscommunication.
However, we are continuing our probe. We are checking his
antecedents," Dadwal told reporters when asked about the
He was offloaded from the plane at around 11 am on
Wednesday when it was about to take off. Huda was on way to
London to attend a religious conference there.
Asked whether non-bailable sections will be invoked
against Huda, Dadwal said, "we had a quick check. We don`t
want to proceed" on non-bailable charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown