Misconduct by Bedi if organisers weren`t on board
New Delhi: Team Anna member Justice Santosh
Hegde on Friday said it will be a "misconduct" if activist Kiran
Bedi had not taken the permission of organisers of events for
transferring the difference in money on air tickets to her
Hegde said if she has taken the permission of the
"donors", he does not think that there is anything wrong with
it because they knowingly gave the money.
"Certainly, it would be the other way round. It will be a
misconduct," Hegde told Karan Thapar in a CNN-IBN programme
when asked whether her act amounts to misconduct.
Queried whether simply informing the donors was the same
as taking their permission, he said the donors should accept
it. He also said donors have also a chance to say no to such
Bedi is facing allegations that she was overcharging
companies and institutions, who invited her to their
functions, by inflating her travel expenses while availing
discounts using her gallantry medal.
Hegde said he is in Team Anna only to fight corruption
and for a strong Lokpal Bill.
"I have my own reservations in regard to opinions
expressed by other members of the team. But I am not going to
leave Anna. The agenda is only to fight corruption, nothing to
do with Kashmir, nothing to do with any other issue," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- How has life changed since govt's demonetisation move?
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof