Mishap affects train schedule; 16 trains cancelled
New Delhi: Train services on Howrah-Delhi
route were affected on Monday due to derailment of Howrah-Kalka
Mail at Malwan in Uttar Pradesh on Sunday with cancellation of
16 important trains for different destinations including
Patna, Kolkata, Puri and Guwahati.
The derailment caused diversions of five trains
including Jammu Tawi-Tata Nagar Muri Express,
Kalka-Howrah-Kalka Mail and New Delhi-Dibrugarh Rajdhani,
which were diverted through Kanpur-Lucknow.
New Delhi-Howrah Poorva Express and New Delhi-Varanasi
Shiv Ganga Express have also been diverted to Kanpur-Lucknow
route, said a senior official of Northern Railway.
The official said services of seven trains including
Howrah Rajdhani, Bhubaneswar Duronto, Sealdah Rajdhani,
Bhubanswar Rajdhani were rescheduled.
New Delhi-Rajinder Nagar Sampooran Kranti Express,
Anand Vihar-Rajinder Nagar Garib Rath and New Delhi-Darbhanga
Bihar Sampark Kranti Express have been cancelled.
Guwahati North East Express, New Delhi-Puri Express,
Delhi-Alipur Duar Sikkim Mahananda Express, Delhi-Howrah Janta
Express, Delhi-Kolkata Lal Quila Exp, New Delhi-Islampur
Magadh Express, Anand Vihar-Bhagalpur Vikramshila Express are
among 16 trains cancelled due to the derailment.
A special train carrying passengers of the ill-fated
Howrah-Delhi-Kalka Mail departed from Delhi for Kalka in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Modi finds 'Little India' with Diwali lights, delicious food in Singapore - In Pics
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!