Missing Indian-American student`s father alleges foul play
Houston: The father of a 21-year-old Indian-American student, who mysteriously went missing on a spring break college trip in Florida state, has alleged that his son`s friends are hiding information about his disappearance.
"I felt there was some kind of foul play that happened here," Jose George said.
George, Reny Jose`s father, wants the other spring break vacationers who went with his son to tell him more about what lead to Reny`s disappearance.
He says he believes they haven`t told investigators all of the information they know.
"I want to get an answer from the kids. The same as my wife and my daughter, they all want an answer," he said.
Reny was one of about 20 Rice University students who rented a beach house on Panama City beach on March 1.
Four days into the trip, his friends reported him missing.
Reny`s clothes were found in a trash can nearby, but he was nowhere to be found.
His father flew in from New York to speak at a prayer vigil in a suburb of Missouri City.
About 200 members of Houston`s Indian community met with local law enforcement last evening.
The community gathered to discuss ways to work with local law enforcement to prevent crime and keep families safe.
There have been six different college students from Indian families who have disappeared across the country in recent weeks, Rev Roy Thomas of Mar Thoma Church said.
He said he doesn`t think the cases are linked and doesn`t know if race played a part, but said many in the Indian community are frightened.
"This is the first time it is happening in such a rapid fashion, within the Indian Malayali community. So it`s eye opening for us to understand why things like this are happening," Thomas said.
He said people are still praying for answers in Reny`s disappearance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical