Missing Indian in Sharjah found
Dubai: A 78-year-old Indian man, who went missing from his daughter`s home in Sharjah last Friday, was found Monday.
Syed Nisar Ahmed and his wife landed in Sharjah from India last Friday to visit their daughter Syeda Noor Ameenah, who lives in the Al Khan area of the emirate.
After their daughter brought them home from the airport and the family had breakfast, Nisar Ahmed, who is a diabetic, walked out of the house.
"Without telling anyone my father went out. He has a habit of going out for a walk after breakfast, and when we realised he was gone for some time and had not come back, we looked everywhere for him but could not find him," Syeda told the Gulf News.
When the family was told that they cannot file missing persons report till the person is missing for 24 hours, the family searched all nearby areas and buildings and informed securitymen.
It was late Monday that the family got a call from the Al Heera police station informing that Nisar Ahmed has been found.
"I saw him and spoke to him and he is fine, just tired from the humidity and sun," Syeda, who works as a bank clerk, was quoted as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price