Missing Indian in Sharjah found
Dubai: A 78-year-old Indian man, who went missing from his daughter`s home in Sharjah last Friday, was found Monday.
Syed Nisar Ahmed and his wife landed in Sharjah from India last Friday to visit their daughter Syeda Noor Ameenah, who lives in the Al Khan area of the emirate.
After their daughter brought them home from the airport and the family had breakfast, Nisar Ahmed, who is a diabetic, walked out of the house.
"Without telling anyone my father went out. He has a habit of going out for a walk after breakfast, and when we realised he was gone for some time and had not come back, we looked everywhere for him but could not find him," Syeda told the Gulf News.
When the family was told that they cannot file missing persons report till the person is missing for 24 hours, the family searched all nearby areas and buildings and informed securitymen.
It was late Monday that the family got a call from the Al Heera police station informing that Nisar Ahmed has been found.
"I saw him and spoke to him and he is fine, just tired from the humidity and sun," Syeda, who works as a bank clerk, was quoted as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter