Missing Narendra Modi photos on BJP posters not an issue: Sushma Swaraj
Vidisha: Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha, Sushma Swaraj said here on Friday that there is no point in raising the issue of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s missing photographs from BJP posters all along Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan`s Janashirwad Yatra route.
"It is not at all an issue and the media is unnecessarily airing it," Swaraj told reporters after chairing the District Vigilance and Valuation Committee meeting at the Circuit House.
Photographs of Modi, who is the BJP`s National Poll Campaign Committee Chairman were missing from posters and banners along Chouhan`s yatra route, triggering a controversy.
Referring to the Batla House encounter judgement, she said that the court decision had proved that it was not a fake encounter as alleged by some people and it was a befitting reply to them.
She refused to comment on Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh`s stand that he stood by his opinion on the issue and would not apologise.
On the occasion, Swaraj also met BJP workers and later proceeded to take part in a BJP youth wing programme.
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part II
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part III
- DNA: Media bribed for suppressing details of AgustaWestland chopper scam
- DNA: India's own GPS system, IRNSS-G1 successfully launched
- PM Modi tests performance of BJP MPs on social media; Sushma Swaraj emerges star performer
- CAD to widen to $25 billion in FY17 on surge in gold imports, sluggish exports: Report
- Govt to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose on Friday
- Scary! Truck carrying firecrackers catches fire at Yamuna Expressway – Watch
- Watch video: Top 10 incredible health benefits of pineapples!