Missing Narendra Modi photos on BJP posters not an issue: Sushma Swaraj
Vidisha: Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha, Sushma Swaraj said here on Friday that there is no point in raising the issue of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s missing photographs from BJP posters all along Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan`s Janashirwad Yatra route.
"It is not at all an issue and the media is unnecessarily airing it," Swaraj told reporters after chairing the District Vigilance and Valuation Committee meeting at the Circuit House.
Photographs of Modi, who is the BJP`s National Poll Campaign Committee Chairman were missing from posters and banners along Chouhan`s yatra route, triggering a controversy.
Referring to the Batla House encounter judgement, she said that the court decision had proved that it was not a fake encounter as alleged by some people and it was a befitting reply to them.
She refused to comment on Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh`s stand that he stood by his opinion on the issue and would not apologise.
On the occasion, Swaraj also met BJP workers and later proceeded to take part in a BJP youth wing programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown