Missing Narendra Modi photos on BJP posters not an issue: Sushma Swaraj
Vidisha: Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha, Sushma Swaraj said here on Friday that there is no point in raising the issue of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s missing photographs from BJP posters all along Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan`s Janashirwad Yatra route.
"It is not at all an issue and the media is unnecessarily airing it," Swaraj told reporters after chairing the District Vigilance and Valuation Committee meeting at the Circuit House.
Photographs of Modi, who is the BJP`s National Poll Campaign Committee Chairman were missing from posters and banners along Chouhan`s yatra route, triggering a controversy.
Referring to the Batla House encounter judgement, she said that the court decision had proved that it was not a fake encounter as alleged by some people and it was a befitting reply to them.
She refused to comment on Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh`s stand that he stood by his opinion on the issue and would not apologise.
On the occasion, Swaraj also met BJP workers and later proceeded to take part in a BJP youth wing programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state