Mission 2014: BJP to use social media, deploy IT professionals
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The main opposition Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Thursday approved the extensive use of social media in the 2014 General Elections, sources said.
At the parliamentary board meeting held here today, chaired by Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi who has been appointed the 2014 election campaign committee chief, the BJP approved the appointment of IT professionals to drive the campaign.
The meeting was attended by party president Rajnath Singh, Sushma Swaraj, Arun Jaitley and other top leaders.
After the meeting ended, a BJP spokesperson told reporters that the stress would be on strengthening district level committees, booth level committees and block level committees.
While informing that the BJP parliamentary board would meet again on July 8 to approve the poll campaign plans, the spokesperson said the party would oppose the Ordinance on Food Security Bill promulgated by the UPA government.
Modi was anointed as the BJP poll panel chief by Rajnath Singh at the National Executive meet in Goa. He was inducted into the poll panel after a gap of six years.
It is expected that the Gujarat Chief Minister will provide a blueprint of the party’s strategy for the 2014 Lok Sabha elections campaign.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- How has life changed since govt's demonetisation move?
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof