Misuse of central force absurd: Buddhadeb
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee Thursday described as `absurd and baseless` Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee`s claim that central security forces for anti-Maoist operations were being misused by the CPI(M).
"The allegations are absurd and baseless," Bhattacharjee said in reply to a supplementary question by CLP leader Manas Bhunia in the assembly.
Based on the law and order situation following the Maoist threat in jungle mahal, central security forces were assisting the state government and their operations were being
monitored by IG and DIG level officials of the CRPF, he said.
Rubbishing the allegation of Banerjee who yesterday said she was ready to quit if she failed to prove that the CPI(M) was misusing central forces, the chief minister
questioned how the Marxist party could interfere in the anti-Maoist operations by the CRPF and state police.
On the other hand, he alleged that the Trinamool Congress leaders were regularly meeting Maoist-backed People`s Committee Against Police Atrocities in Jhargram and Nayagram in West Midnapore district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- 11-year-old blood cancer patient seeks help from PM Narendra Modi, CM Akhilesh Yadav
- LeEco Le 2, Le Max2 up for grabs in first flash sale today
- With Facebook's new Slideshow feature, convert your photos into mini-movies!- Watch
- Ringing Bells starts delivery of Freedom 251 smartphone from today
- Tiger Shroff and Disha Patani's latest video is CUTE! Watch here