Misuse of central force absurd: Buddhadeb
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee Thursday described as `absurd and baseless` Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee`s claim that central security forces for anti-Maoist operations were being misused by the CPI(M).
"The allegations are absurd and baseless," Bhattacharjee said in reply to a supplementary question by CLP leader Manas Bhunia in the assembly.
Based on the law and order situation following the Maoist threat in jungle mahal, central security forces were assisting the state government and their operations were being
monitored by IG and DIG level officials of the CRPF, he said.
Rubbishing the allegation of Banerjee who yesterday said she was ready to quit if she failed to prove that the CPI(M) was misusing central forces, the chief minister
questioned how the Marxist party could interfere in the anti-Maoist operations by the CRPF and state police.
On the other hand, he alleged that the Trinamool Congress leaders were regularly meeting Maoist-backed People`s Committee Against Police Atrocities in Jhargram and Nayagram in West Midnapore district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH