Misuse of central force absurd: Buddhadeb
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee Thursday described as `absurd and baseless` Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee`s claim that central security forces for anti-Maoist operations were being misused by the CPI(M).
"The allegations are absurd and baseless," Bhattacharjee said in reply to a supplementary question by CLP leader Manas Bhunia in the assembly.
Based on the law and order situation following the Maoist threat in jungle mahal, central security forces were assisting the state government and their operations were being
monitored by IG and DIG level officials of the CRPF, he said.
Rubbishing the allegation of Banerjee who yesterday said she was ready to quit if she failed to prove that the CPI(M) was misusing central forces, the chief minister
questioned how the Marxist party could interfere in the anti-Maoist operations by the CRPF and state police.
On the other hand, he alleged that the Trinamool Congress leaders were regularly meeting Maoist-backed People`s Committee Against Police Atrocities in Jhargram and Nayagram in West Midnapore district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees