Misuse of central force absurd: Buddhadeb
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee Thursday described as `absurd and baseless` Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee`s claim that central security forces for anti-Maoist operations were being misused by the CPI(M).
"The allegations are absurd and baseless," Bhattacharjee said in reply to a supplementary question by CLP leader Manas Bhunia in the assembly.
Based on the law and order situation following the Maoist threat in jungle mahal, central security forces were assisting the state government and their operations were being
monitored by IG and DIG level officials of the CRPF, he said.
Rubbishing the allegation of Banerjee who yesterday said she was ready to quit if she failed to prove that the CPI(M) was misusing central forces, the chief minister
questioned how the Marxist party could interfere in the anti-Maoist operations by the CRPF and state police.
On the other hand, he alleged that the Trinamool Congress leaders were regularly meeting Maoist-backed People`s Committee Against Police Atrocities in Jhargram and Nayagram in West Midnapore district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed