Misuse of central force absurd: Buddhadeb
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee Thursday described as `absurd and baseless` Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee`s claim that central security forces for anti-Maoist operations were being misused by the CPI(M).
"The allegations are absurd and baseless," Bhattacharjee said in reply to a supplementary question by CLP leader Manas Bhunia in the assembly.
Based on the law and order situation following the Maoist threat in jungle mahal, central security forces were assisting the state government and their operations were being
monitored by IG and DIG level officials of the CRPF, he said.
Rubbishing the allegation of Banerjee who yesterday said she was ready to quit if she failed to prove that the CPI(M) was misusing central forces, the chief minister
questioned how the Marxist party could interfere in the anti-Maoist operations by the CRPF and state police.
On the other hand, he alleged that the Trinamool Congress leaders were regularly meeting Maoist-backed People`s Committee Against Police Atrocities in Jhargram and Nayagram in West Midnapore district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje